Today I saw a Photo of Iris Apfel in the Internet and I was smiling because I love
this amazing funny, crazy looking Lady and as I will turn 60 in a few weeks I felt
grateful. She gives me hope and changed my approach of getting older.
She is my fashion Idol
“Its hard work getting to know yourself-the biggest fashion faux pas is to look in the mirror and see someone else.
You need to know your faults and assets, you must learn who you are and dress to suit your personality.”
Born August 29, 1921 in Astoria Queens, New York
Fashion Icon-interior designer and business woman
In his 90th she has a full time program
Makeup collection with MAC
Glasses for Eye-Bobs
she is on Home-Shopping
and she got Professor of the Fashion School at the University of Texas at Austin
The second amazing looking woman over 80 is
Oldest working Model
Born 1931 in New York City
She started modeling with 15 for Vogue
Married 3 times-lost 2 times all her life savings,she started modeling again in 1978 and ever since does.
But for sure the most beautiful and inspiring woman is my mother
Born in 1927 in Vienna
Whatever Destiny presented in her life, she always found the strength to stand up straight .
Always looking in the future, staying tuned in the Now
For the Photo we had no Makeup Artist no Photoshop , just a Snapshot.
But her natural Glow and incredible Vibrations that she send out makes her to this
fascinating Woman that will be my Icon forever, not only for her outside Beauty but specially
for her inside Beauty that reflect in her face.
One of the secrets of all this woman: life was not always easy, they worked hard to be there
where they are now, and they love Life!!!
With all this I can’t wait to get 60
Stay active-have Dreams-realize them and love Life
I will finish my Blog with the 45 lessons Life Thought Me by Regina Brett
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time some time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
Its estimated 93% won’t forward this. If you are one of the 7% who will, forward this with the title ‘7%’.
I’m in the 7%
Remember that I will always share my spoon with you!
Friends are the family that we choose for ourselves!
by Regina Brett